Advisory Board Member
Hallmark Partners, Inc.
6675 Corporate Center Parkway,
Email (jc at hallmarkpartners.com)
- Elevator speech: Co-founder of Hallmark, a privately held company.
- Board member since: 2002
- Location: Jacksonville area.
- Real estate roles:
- Other Service Provider
- Industry Group Memberships and Participation:
- ICSC (Med)
- NAIOP (Med)
- ULI (Med)
- Bio: Mr. Conn has been active in the commercial real estate industry for 31 years. He is a Principal of Hallmark Partners, Inc., domiciled in Jacksonville, Florida. Hallmark is privately owned by Mr. Conn and another founding Principal, W. Alex Coley.
The company focuses on developing office, retail, and industrial properties located primarily in Northeast Florida. Since its inception in 1992, Hallmark has developed thirteen properties totaling almost 1,000,000 square feet with a market value in excess of $100 million. The majority of properties are developed in joint venture with two strategic alliance partners. Most office and retail deals are ventured with the Stiles Corporation, headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, Fla. Industrial properties are developed with East Group Properties, a publicly-traded real estate investment trust, headquartered in Jackson, Miss.
Hallmark is also heavily involved in leasing and property management. In addition to properties it develops, the target market is with third party clients whose asset strategy is based on long-term holding periods. Hallmark's present portfolio includes twenty properties totaling over 3 million square feet.
Prior to establishing his own real estate firm, Mr. Conn was employed for sixteen years with Alliance Mortgage Company, a Florida-based, state-wide mortgage banking firm. During his tenure, he spent the first twelve years in South Florida, focusing on new loan origination, and the subsequent remaining four years directing the company's commercial production division, headquartered in Jacksonville.
He graduated from Tri-State College in Angola, Ind. With a Bachelor of Science degree, majoring in Business Administration. He is a licensed mortgage broker, and real estate broker in the state of Florida. He is a past president of the Jacksonville Chapter of the National Association of Industrial and Office Parks. He is also a member of the Commercial Development Task Force of the Jacksonville Chamber of Commerce. He sits on the Board of Directors of the Otis Smith Foundation, a charity organization that focuses on underprivileged children in the Jacksonville area. He resides in Ponte Vedra Beach with his wife, Robin and has a daughter who is attending the University of Mississippi.
- Company value proposition: Hallmark is actively involved in the development of retail, offices, and industrial projects in Northeast Florida. Hallmarks leasing and property management divisions are responsible for over three million sqaure feet of space as well as several large scale office and industrial parks.
- Board activity:
- Member, -current
- Executive Committee, 2013-current
- Jacksonville Regional Event Committee, 2007-current
- Mentoring Committee, 2007-current
- Support: Mentor to MSRE student 2003-2004, 2004-2005, 2005-2006, 2006-2007; 2004 Spring Retreat; 2005 Spring Retreat; 2006 Spring Retreat; 2006 Fall Conference; 2007 Spring Retreat