Advisory Board Member
Managing Director/Property Tax,
Cushman & Wakefield of Florida, Inc.
201 N. Franklin Street,
Email (Todd.Jones at cushwake.com)
- Board member since: 2004
- Locations: Florida-wide, Beyond Florida.
- Real estate roles:
- Appraiser (MAI, SREA, SRPA)
- Other Service Provider
- Industry Group Memberships and Participation:
- AI (Med)
- ICSC (Med)
- Other (Med)
- Bio: Mr. Jones is a Managing Director in Cushman & Wakefield’s Tampa office and serves as the Southeast Practice Leader for the national Property Tax Services group. In this role, he is responsible for the states of Alabama, Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee. His mission is to develop, grow, and sustain the Southeast practice and support the group’s objectives nationally and internationally.
Before joining C&W, Mr. Jones was a Principal with RealAdvice, the Executive Managing Director of Property Tax Services for Colliers International, and a Senior Manager with Thomson Reuters, the legacy Deloitte property tax services team now owned by Ryan.
Since 1985, Mr. Jones has assisted clients in all phases of the assessment appeal process: pre-acquisition due diligence, assessment reviews and appeals, informal negotiations with assessing officials, presentations before formal boards of review, and in court proceedings for virtually all types of commercial, industrial, residential, and special purpose real estate, on behalf of financial institutions, REIT’s, publicly traded companies, and private concerns.
Mr. Jones regularly addresses the Florida Cabinet, Legislature, and various state agencies on property tax policy and issues impacting taxpayers. Since 2007, the Association has successfully collaborated with other influential groups to change the law in Florida affecting how the assessors must develop and support valuations in defending challenged assessments, leveling the playing field by lowering the burden of proof for taxpayers in assessment challenges, and requiring the development of uniform rules, policies, and procedures for Value Adjustment Boards across Florida’s 67 counties to improve fairness in taxation for all Floridians. In 2011, Mr. Jones served on the Florida Governor’s Tangible Personal Property Taskforce. In 2012, the Florida legislature sought Mr. Jones’ counsel on comprehensive property tax reform legislation.
Mr. Jones is a member of The Counselors of Real Estate, holding the MAI designation from the Appraisal Institute, and is a Fellow of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors. The MAI, CRE, and FRICS designations are the highest designations bestowed by these globally recognized organizations acknowledging the member’s professionally recognized expertise in real estate valuation, counseling, investment advice, and policy matters. The CRE designation is awarded only to those individuals who are invited by their peers into the membership of The Counselors of Real Estate; membership acknowledges an advisor's status as one of the most trusted professionals in the industry based on peer recognition of outstanding intelligence, integrity, and judgment in real estate matters.
- Board activity:
- Executive Committee, 2013-current
- Tampa Regional Event Committee, 2007-current
- Membership Committee, 2007-current
- Support: Mentor to MSRE student 2004-2005, 2005-2006, 2006-2007; 2004 Spring Retreat; 2005 Spring Retreat; 2006 Spring Retreat; 2006 Fall Conference; 2007 Spring Retreat