Advisory Board Member
President, CNL Bank of Central Florida,
450 South Orange Avenue
Email (shostetter at CNLbank.com)
- Elevator speech: CNLBankprovides a high touch, consultative approach to banking. We consider ourselves to be a private business bank with extensive knowledge in real estate development and an entrepreneurial spirit, unlike most of our competitors.
- Board member since: 2005
- Location: Orlando area.
- Real estate role:
- Industry Group Memberships and Participation:
- ICSC (Med)
- Mortgage Bankers Assn (Med)
- NAIOP (Med)
- ULI (Med)
- Bio: President, CNLBank Central Florida
Responsibility for expanding the real estate and commercial portfolio of the entire bank and to oversee the expansion of the bank into new markets within Central Florida. Manage team of commercial and real estate lenders, branch personnel and support staff; maintenance of a loan portfolio with high credit quality; community outreach; overall bank staffing and growth.
Orlando, Florida, March 1994 - December 31, 2001
Served as Chief Executive Officer of Florida Community Partners, a not-for-profit lending consortium and its subsidiary not-for-profit corporation, Florida Community Capital Corporation. Responsibilities included business development, management, over sight of underwriting, consultation, closing, servicing and monitoring of complex commercial real estate loans which are typically funded with several layers of public and private funds. Knowledgeable on Housing Tax Credits, Florida’s SAIL (State Apartment Incentive Loan) and HOME program, Multifamily Tax Exempt Mortgage Revenue Bonds and other state and local funding programs such as SHIP and CDBG funds.
Florida Community Partners
Barnett Bank of Central Florida, N.A.
Orlando, Florida, May 1982 - December 1992
Vice President/Corporate Banking
Charged with business development and portfolio management for professionals and commercial accounts with annual sales of $10 million or more. Generated, closed and funded $26 million in new commercial loan relationships in my last year as a corporate lender. Built and maintained a personal loan portfolio in excess of $50 million. Facilitated the participation of commercial loans throughout Barnett’s Central Florida region. Responsibilities included the analysis of credit risk, documentation, reporting and consultation to affiliate banks and Barnett’s U.S. Banking Division.
- Company value proposition: CNLBank targets the commercial client entrepreneur, professionals, developers and investors. Our team is comprised of experienced relationship managers with deep market expertise and lending specialties.
- Board activity:
- Executive Committee, 2007-current
- Orlando Regional Event Committee, 2007-current
- Support: Mentor to MSRE student 2006-2007; 2006 Spring Retreat; 2006 Fall Conference; 2007 Spring Retreat