Advisory Board Member
Director, Real Estate,
13005 SW 1st Road,
Email (Todd.Powell at plumcreek.com)
- Elevator speech: I manage the real estate assets for the largest landowner in Florida. I am working on projects that could be significant to the future of the state.
- Board member since: 2010
- UF alumnus: MBA, , 2004.
- Locations: Jacksonville area, Gainesville/Ocala area, Multiple locations, Florida-wide.
- Real estate roles:
- Industry Group Memberships and Participation:
- Bio: Plum Creek is the largest and most geographically diverse private landowner in the nation, with approximately 6.8 million acres in major timber producing regions of the United States.
Todd Powell oversees Plum Creek’s real estate activities in Florida.
Prior to joining Plum Creek, Powell worked at WCI Communities in various capacities including vice president of land acquisitions. He joined WCI after 10 years with Ernst & Young LLP where he was a senior manager in the company's business advisory services practice concentrating in mergers and acquisitions. Powell is a certified public accountant, has a Master in Business Administration from the University of Florida, and a Bachelor of Science degree in accounting from Bowling Green State University.
Powell currently serves on the board of directors for the Florida Chamber of Commerce and the Gainesville Area Chamber of Commerce as well as the board of trustees for the Florida Chamber Foundation. He is a member of the Urban Land Institute and the Florida Forever Business Council, and was named to the University of Florida Real Estate Advisory Board in 2010. He is also a recent graduate of the Leadership Florida program (Class XXX).
- Company value proposition: We are the largest private landowner in the United States. We manage each and every acre (in 19 different states) to maximize its value.